Browse - Add to Basket - Checkout
Same Day Shipping if you order by 2:30PM EST on a weekday
Phone Orders: 203-400-3713
The fastest pinewood derby axles just got faster - with a polished graphite coating! Note: the outside of the axle head is not coated.
Polished, nickel plated mirror finish, wobble eliminator groove plus friction reducer groove. Now offered with a polished graphite coating for a super fast friction-free surface. PRO Super Speed axles are the fastest graphite coated pinewood derby axles on the market, guaranteed.
Super-smooth polished and nickel plated, secret cuts reduce friction and eliminate wheel wobble.
Better than polished!
- These axles are machined perfect, then polished, then nickel plated for a super smooth, mirror-like finish
- No burrs, scratches or ridges
- Just insert these beauties and you are ready to race!
- They are the exact dimensions as BSA axles...perfect fit for AWANA Grand Prix too!
- Cut in middle of wheel so less axle rubs on wheel
- Wheel does not contact axle so you have no friction (none, zero!!!) in this area
- Provides a cavity to hold graphite during the race
- Tapered head so only a small amount is rubbing on the wheel
- Axle shaft is undercut at the head to create a perfect 90 degree edge which eliminates wheel wobble. This eliminates another problem that slows down your car.
- Undercut also eliminates friction in this area because less wheel surface is rubbing on the axle.
- Undercut also provides another secret cavity to hold graphite during the race
- Same dimensions as BSA axles with a slightly over sized shaft diameter (.091" vs BSA .088") to reduce wheel wobble.
- Axles are machined perfectly round and straight for optimal performance
Get the fastest axles on the market!
-perfect fit for AWANA Grand Prix wheels too!
Pinewood PRO Graphite coated "Black Lightening" Super Speed Axles (set of 4)
Note: Because these axles are graphite coated, we recommed graphite powder as a lubricant. DO NOT use NyOil.
Highlighted Product Reviews:
Rated 4.8/5 based on over 60 customer reviews
Great Axles! by Airborne from Pentagon
5/ 5 stars
This was my first time as a derby entrant and I had the fastest car in the derby and all because of the graphite coated axles. This was just a Christmas party thing in the Pentagon and the track was a hallway ramp. Won my first heat and since the track was an open track, the car next to me hit mine and spun me around but I still finished 2nd overall!
First race and first place by Very Pleased from Texas
5/ 5 stars
When my son and I arrived at the derby races I thought we didnt stand a chance. These guys have been doing this for a few years now and it looked like nascar pit row before it started. My sons car weighed in at 4.8 ounces, the others 5.0 exactly. No matter though our little car out ran the fastest car by .4 sec and took first place over all. The only thing I can say is its not what it looks like that helps but whats under the hood. This was the first car we ever built.
See More Customer Reviews!
10 Highwood Place, Trumbull, CT 06611
Annual BSA Donations