Help for Pinewood Derby Beginners
We've helped thousands of beginners!
I wrote a Beginner's book, created free guides and
we have everything from car kits to completely built cars.
Use this Quick Start Chart to match your needs to our solutions.
Where do I start?
What car design should I choose?
- I have little skills and no tools!
- How can I build a car?
I have no time, no skills and no tools...
But I want to race!!
How do I make my car fast?
Can a beginner win?
How we can help
Beginner's book: Pinewood Derby in Six Easy Steps. You can instantly download this book to your PC!
- Quick build Car Kits includes weights and decals.
- Pre-cut pinewood derby cars
- Pre-cut and pre-weighted cars
- Fully built, painted and ready to race cars! ...and they're super fast too!!
What it will do for you
Step-by-step instructions - how to design and build your car. Includes 3 simple car templates.
- Includes over 100 car design ideas
- See 30 car designs and even see your car rotating 360 degrees!
- Requires no, tools. Simple, clear instructions.
- Pick a pre-cut car, then select the wheels and axles you want to build your own car without tools.
- Completely built and painted cars gets you in the race.
- Speed basics to make a competitive car
- All the secrets you need to win.
Yes, many beginners have won!
Table of Contents
Buckle Up! We're Building a Car.
Having Fun is Number One
Safety in the Fast Lane
Play by the Rules
STEP 1: Dad, I've got an Idea!
STEP 2: One Slice or Two?
STEP 3: Smooth as a Baby's...
STEP 4: Be a Heavy Weight
STEP 5: Shine like a Star
STEP 6: Let's Roll 'Em
Speed Hints, Tricks and Traps
The Aerodynamic Mix
APPENDIX A: Includes 3 free simple pinewood derby template patterns
APPENDIX B: Handy list of tools
Point and click to pick a car design, then see your car's speed increase when changeing axles, wheels, lubes and weights.
Test drive Take your pinewood derby car!
Pinewood Derby Car kits, like this dragster have everything you need to build a car.
Car kits includes:
This car just needs a light sanding and painting.
Speed tip: Put Graphite on your axles to make your car fast.
To make your car competitive, choose a set of our BSA Polished Axles or Graphite Coated Axles because the axles in this kit are not polished or deburred.
Pre-weighted car body includes:
Fully Built Cars includes:
If this is your first race, you need to know a few basic speed tips to have a competitive car...
Prep your Axles
Lube your axles
Weight Your Car