Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets - build the fastest car to win your race
Everything you need to build a fast, winning pinewood derby car
If you want to win your pinewood derby race, you need 2 things:
Winning Secrets and Winning Products
Now you can bring home the trophy with our Time-Tested Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets and our Track-Tested Speed Products that have produced 1000s of winners for over 15 years!
Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets
About the Author:
Pinewood Pro founder
Unleash The Speed You Need to Win!
You can do it with the best list of secret Pinewood Derby speed tips, guaranteed!
Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets shines above anything else. Why? Because, as an engineer, I give you my inventions that were tested on my own track to win Pack and District races. You won't find these hints anywhere else.
You get over 40 secret speed tips. The first section of my book contains the "must do" speed tricks...Most people who have built a few cars or have searched the internet know these tricks. You must do these basic things to have a competitive pine wood derby car.
The last section of my book titled "PRO Race Winning Secrets" will speed your car ahead of the pack. These tips will bring home the trophy.
You'll be amazed. I was, and so were our winners....but don't take our word for it, read over 95 customer reviews!
Winning Secrets gives you everything you need to design and build a winning car...Clear, Concise, Fun, Proven...with CAD drawings, pictures and illustrations. It is updated annually so you have the latest.
Get all the secrets you need to win with the #1 best seller.
Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets
Table of Contents
About the author and Pinewood Pro
History of the Pinewood Derby
STEP 1: Do It Right!
- Safety First
- Playing by the Rules
- Have Fun
- Share the Joy
- How this book is written
Before starting to build your pinewood derby car, think safety first and understand your race rules.
STEP 2: Making Your Car Cool!
- Designing your Car
- Time saver hints
- The 5-minute car design
- Rough Cuts
- Midway to Victory
- Fine Tuning
- Construction Tips
- Glue, don't get gummed up!
- Be square
- Roller Derby
- How to remove a "stuck" axle
- Chip off the block
How to design your pinewood derby car. Tips and hints will help your build your car faster, while avoiding mistakes.
STEP 3: Making Your Car Sharp!
- Prep Makes Perfect
- Painting and Detailing
- The Finishing Touch
Painting and detailing tips to make your car sharp and cool.
Step 4: Making Your Car Fast!!!
These are the essential speed tricks you need to have a competitive car... But to WIN, you'll need the PRO Race Winning Secrets (below)!
Speed Secrets for a Fast Car Design
- Aerodynamics Myth - surprise! New thoughts on this one
- Just Like Baking Bread - you'll be cookin'
- Shapely Looks - shape your car for speed
- Don't Get the Point - Avoid this mistake
- Beware of the Paper Tiger! - Another common mistake to avoid
- Don't Fly Into the Wind
Car design speed tips and mistakes to avoid that will slow your car.
Speed Secrets for the Fastest Wheels
- Nobody's Perfect - fix your wheels or fry
- Just like an ice cream cone
- The Perfect Match
- Optimal Spacing - or you'll have ABS brakes!
- Wheel and Axle Alignment
- Pack Light - another wheel trick
How to make your car wheels fast.
Speed Secrets for the Fastest Axles
- Crookeder Than a Dog's Back
- Two Black Eyes
- Polish Makes Perfect
- Turned and Polished BSA Axles
- Slick Lubrication - make your wheels happy
- A Slicker (and cleaner) Lubricant - this will surprise you
- DON'T use this Lubricant! - it will slooow your car!
How to make your car axles fast.
Weight Secrets to Maximize Speed
- The Skinny on Weight - Newton's First Law of Motion, you must get this right to win
- Weight Placement: part 1 - Center of Mass, critical weight positioning
- Weight Placement: Part 2 - getting jiggy with it, another mistake to avoid
- Weight Placement: Part 3 - hold the line, balancing hint
- Weight - Don't Wait! - You need to know this!
Weight secrets to make your car as fast as it can be.
Lube Secrets to Maximize Speed
- Slick Lubrication
- A Slicker (and cleaner) lubricant
- BAD lubes...DON'T Do This!
All lubricants are not equal. Here are the alternatives and one to avoid.
All lubricants are not equal. Here are the alternatives and one to avoid. PRO Race Winning Secrets - These will make you a winner!
- PRO Secret #1: Nothing is Better
- PRO Secret #2: Max Head Room
- PRO Secret #3: Triple Threat
- PRO Secret #4: Heavy Construction
- PRO Secret #5: Hub Rub - the HUB!
- PRO Secret #6: Hub Rub - the RUB!
- PRO Secret #7: Basis for Spaces
- PRO Secret #8: The Right Angles
- PRO Secret #9: Cap it Off
- PRO Secret #10: Don't Get Railroaded
- PRO Secret #11: Simulation Stimulation
- PRO Secret #12: How to Make a Rail Rider
- PRO Secret #13: Set and Match
- PRO Secret #14: Light as a Feather
- PRO Secret #15: Slim Down
- PRO Secret #16: Starting Gate Placement
- PRO Secret #17: PRO Super Speed Axles... only from Pinewood Pro
- PRO Secret #18: PRO graphite-coated black lightening Axles...only from Pinewood Pro
- PRO Secret #19: PRO graphite-coated Speed Wheels...only from Pinewood Pro
- PRO Secret #20: Polish (Your Bore) like a PRO
Our axles, wheels, lube, weight and precision tuning secrets will make you a contender...
These race winning secrets will make you a winner.
We did, and you can too!
Last minute tune ups and hints.
Try it. It's inexpensive, and thousands of winners proves that it works!
Instant Download direct to your computer
You can build a winner, with the right Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets!
You can also check out our free How To Build a Fast Car tips. This guide is a short list of essential speed tips that will help you make a competitive car.
Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets
fully illustrated with step by step directions!
We show you how to build a winning car with clear, concise simple to follow illustrations, start to finish.
Clamp your block to secure it before sawing!
We start with techniques to build your car...
Show you things like optimal wheel spacing so your axles don't bind and your wheels don't wobble.
Speed secrets to reduce friction...
Critical axle and wheel preparations to win races...
We show you how to build your car with all the latest race winning secrets and products, updated annually.
To make a fast, winning car you need the Winning Secrets AND Winning Speed Products. Yes, you can win a race without the best speed products on the market, but that depends on your competition! Chances are, some racers know the Secrets and have created
or purchased the speed products needed to make a high performance car.
We have all the PRO tools if you want to do-it-yourself, and we have all the PRO Speed Products that have been track-tested to prove they are the fastest.
To win your race, pick (or design) the best Speed Products that are appropriate for your race. That means, you need to read your race rules and select the most appropriate products for your race. How do you know which products are "appropriate"? Reference your race rules, and ask your Race Manager if you have any questions, becasue EVERY race is different.
Our PRO Products fall into the categories below. I summarized the category and highlight our highest performance PRO Speed Products, but you should reference all the products in each category to be sure our PRO product are appropriate for your race
Pinewood Pro Winner's Circle
Thanks for the wheels & axles! We won 1st place in both speed & design! - Brain, CT
Hey Joe, This was our first derby and my son won his den and took first place in the pack! He didn't lose a race all day! Thanks again for your help. - Randy, CA
Thank you for the great tips and Awana products. My granddaughter’s car was unbeatable! She was one proud and happy little girl. - Bobby, MN
Winning Tips and Hints
Tips & Hints
The best part of pinewood derby is designing a unique, cool car that you can call your own. Don't worry about aerodynamics because it is almost insignificant. We identify dozens of other speed tips in Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets that rank far above aerodynamics.
A lathed wheel means the wheel was turned at a high speed and "sanded" with a cutting tool. Lathed Wheels are perfectly tuned around the axis of rotation giving you the highest performance.
Winning Pinewood Derby Secrets contains all the tips you need to win your race. Updated annually with the latest tips and speed products, our book has proven results with 1000's of winners... but don't take our word for it! Read over 90 Customer Reviews and check out our Winners Gallery!