BSA Pinewood Derby Graphite-Coated Speed Wheels (set of 4)
In Stock Ready to Ship!
This item qualifies for Free Shipping on orders over $75
4.6 out of 5 stars
We won the Pinewood Derby District Race with these specially coated wheels...you can too!
Secret patented multi-step process to perma-coat with graphite-moly lube...the only wheels on the market with our patent-pending process. You can see the silver shiny surface and feel the smooth, friction-free surface.
- Wheel is trued in every dimension to remove bumps and mold imperfections, so your car starts fast and rolls smoothly down the track.
- The rim still has the beads and the outside diameter is 29.8mm (1.17") vs stock wheels 30mm (1.18")
- The thickness of the tread is 1.15mm vs stock wheels 1.35mm
- Wheels are matched with all four wheels from same mold...so they are balanced as a set.
- Hubs are lathed and coned and squared to reduce friction where wheel meets car body.
- Wheel rim is squared to reduce friction when wheel hits track guide.
- Special lathing makes wheels approximately .2g lighter while leaving all BSA markings intact, giving you a quicker start and faster rolling down the track.
- Track tested and proven to increase speed.
- Note that wheel tread will be silver, not black, due to graphite coating.
The graphite-coating reduces friction where the wheel contacts the track and where the wheel hub rubs against the car.
Your car will fly down the track like on a frictionless cushion of air.
Another Winning Secret from the PRO's at Pinewood Pro.
- Should be legal in BSA races that allow removing mold marks and truing up wheel to remove imperfections, and that allow graphite lubrication.
- All BSA markings are intact inside and outside of the wheel.
- Rules are different for every race! Always read your race rules.
- Questions? Ask your race manager!
Product Code: 050100