Machined Graphite-Coated PRO Super Speed Axles (set of 4)
In Stock Ready to Ship!
This item qualifies for Free Shipping on orders over $75
4.8 out of 5 stars
Note: the outside of the axle head is not coated.
Polished, nickel plated axles with two grooves; a wobble eliminator groove and a friction reducing groove.
Now offered with a polished graphite coating for a super fast friction-free surface. PRO Super Speed axles are the fastest graphite coated pinewood derby axles on the market, guaranteed.
Better than polished!
- These axles are machined perfect, then polished, then nickel plated for a super smooth, mirror-like finish
- No burrs, scratches or ridges
- Just insert these beauties and you are ready to race!
- They are the same size BSA axles and a perfect fit for AWANA Grand Prix too.
- Cut in middle of wheel so less axle rubs on wheel
- Wheel does not contact axle so you have no friction (none, zero!!!) in this area
- Provides a cavity to hold graphite during the race
- Tapered head so only a small amount is rubbing on the wheel
- Axle shaft is undercut at the head to create a perfect 90 degree edge which eliminates wheel wobble. This eliminates another problem that slows down your car.
- Undercut also eliminates friction in this area because less wheel surface is rubbing on the axle.
- Undercut also provides another secret cavity to hold graphite during the race
- Same dimensions as BSA axles with a slightly over sized shaft diameter (.091" vs BSA .088") to reduce wheel wobble.
- Axles are machined perfectly round and straight for optimal performance
Get the fastest axles on the market!
-perfect fit for AWANA Grand Prix wheels too.
Pinewood PRO Graphite coated "Black Lightening" Super Speed Axles (set of 4)
Note: Because these axles are graphite coated, we recommend graphite powder as a lubricant. DO NOT use NyOil.
Axles are individually bagged to protect from scratches during shipping.
- Axles are exact dimensions of BSA axles but they are machined parts, not the nails that come in the BSA kit. May not be legal in your race.
- Rules are different for every race! Always read your race rules.
- Rules questions? Ask your race manager!
Product Code: 040399