Official Awana Grand Prix wheels precision lathed for Speed
- Wheels are precision lathed and trued
- All of the Official Awana Grand Prix markings remain.
- They are slightly lighter (each wheel is 1.6g) for a fast start and lightning fast down the track.
- The hub is coned and the end squared, reducing friction when the wheel hits the car body.
- The outside tread is trued, so your wheel is perfectly smooth reducting rotational friction
- The inside tread is trued removing imperfections and so your wheels turn fast and smooth
- The wheel edge is lathed flat to reduce friction when your wheel hits the track guide.
- Net result is a precision tuned, Super FAST Ultra-Lite Wheel
Get the Ultimate Speed Advantage
What is the difference between Awana and Cub Scout Pinewood Derby?
The Awana Grand Prix pinewood derby wood block is the exact dimensions
(7"x1 3/4" x 1 1/4") as the Cub Scout pinewood derby block. This means that any of our pre-cut car blocks and car design plans will work for Awana Grand Prix cars.
Awana Grand Prix axles are slightly different than Cub Scout axles but
the dimensions are almost exactly the same. We suggest our machined axles (PRO Super Speed and Speed Axles) as opposed to the BSA axles. Be sure to read your rules carefully to be sure substitute axles are allowed in your race.
Awana Grand Prix Wheels are the same diameter and the wheel bore (where the axle goes) is exactly the same as Cub Scouts, but the wheel design is totally different. Therefor, Awana racers must use Awana wheels. Likewise, Cub Scouts must use Cub Scout (BSA) wheels.
Speed Axles for Awana Grand Prix
For a winning combination,
our polished, nickel plated PRO Super Speed Axles fit perfectly in Awana Wheels.
For the ultimate axle, look at our new graphite coated Pro Super Speed Axles.
God Bless You,
Thank you for the great tips on building a car!